Tuesday, March 10, 2015

July 21 2014-4

From Libby

one of my most favorite and cherished moments with Zaida...Daniel and I were given some FRESH redfish and we decided we would share with Momma and Zaida. Momma was a meeting, so Daniel and I went downtown to Dockside 17-D and broiled the fish. 

Zaida took his first bite and all I heard out of his mouth the entire meal was, "there is nothing better than fresh, hot fish." I will never, ever forget that. He was so thrilled with the simplicity of the fresh, hot fish. At that moment that is all I needed, Daniel, Zaida and fresh. hot fish.

I loved the way Zaida always had a handkerchief and every time he would use it to wipe his nose or his eyes (if he was teary over something), would always fold it so perfectly before putting it away in his pocket.

I only knew Zaida for about 8 years, but he definitely filled the void of a grandfather after my grandfather passed away four years ago (June 30 was 4 years). He was a teacher, a mentor, a leader and most importantly a loving child, brother, husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. 

I feel so very honored to have known him, and feel so honored and privileged to be a part of such a loving, kind and generous family of which Zaida was the true patriarch.

I love each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment